Total number of credits: 9
Three core courses in the ENTI Minor form foundational knowledge, skills and insights into entrepreneurship, innovation and new career path options. Courses will be cross listed with ENTR after the ENTI Minor is approved.
- MGMT 215 Entrepreneurial Mindset (Semester: 1-5)
- ENGR 310 Entrepreneurial Leadership (Semester: 2-6)
- MGMT 425/ENGR 425/IST 425 New Venture Creation (Semester: 4-8)
Students who complete these core courses develop skills in seven areas:
- Self-efficacy – the belief in yourself that you can define a target and are able to attain your personal goals.
- Leadership – the ability to bring others along to share in the opportunity and motivate effective teams with compelling communication.
- Recognition of new opportunities – the ability to perceive needs where others have not.
- Resourcefulness – the ability to build value using resources not fully under one's own control.
- Creativity – the ability to look at problems from many angles and to synthesize new solutions from existing parts.
- Comfort with ambiguity and failure – the ability to reach decisions based on complex, often conflicting sets of data.
- Business acumen – working understanding of finance, marketing, intellectual property.